Welcome to the Bold360 Developer Center
Bold360 is a one-stop-shop for omni-channel engagement including chat, email, message management, remote access, and co-browse. The Bold360 API provides an interface for communicating with an application and allows you to customize how Bold360 and BoldChat integrate with your applications.
The Bold360 API is a tool for retrieving information related to your Bold360 account and based on that information, recreate most of the functionality that Bold360 offers. Bold360 API calls are launched by triggers that contain the conditions of making an API call. When a user on your website clicks an element, such as a chat button, an API can be called to extend or modify that interaction.
To get right into working with the Bold360 API, visit our interactive page.
For information on the Bold360 ai API, visit the Bold360 ai support center.
What can you do with the Bold360 API?
You can recreate the following Bold360 functionality from your own application. With the API, you can do the following:
- view chats, messages, and emails of an agent or a department
- create and manage chats
- retrieve chat transcripts
- manage your agents and organize them into departments
- view experiment groups
- run custom reports
- transfer chats between agents
- enable Automatic Distribution for chats
- manage canned messages for chats
- view estimated waiting time for a department
- view the active chat count of an agent
- view chat invitations
- list page views of an account
- view conversions for a folder
For more information about the functionality that the API methods invoke, visit the Bold360 Help Center.
Typically, the API is used for generating reports an managing conversations from your own application, but you can integrate all the above Bold360 functionality.
Before you start
To use the API, you need the following:
- A Bold360 Plus, Bold360 ai, or BoldChat Enterprise subscription
- Know your account ID and data residency which are necessary for making an API call
- Create an API Settings key and set up triggers in the Bold360 Admin Center, which take about five minutes. See Set up your account to work with the API.
- Account ID (AID)
- Your account ID that is issued to you when you purchased your Bold360 subscription.
- API Settings key
- An API Settings key is required for authenticating REST API calls
to the Bold360 servers. The API key contains your account information and an
authentication code that are used to access Bold360 functionalities without
logging in to the Bold360 Admin Center or to the Bold360 Agent Workspace. It
consists of three parts, divided by colons:
The first part is your account ID, the second is the API Settings ID, and the third is your authentication code.
- API Settings ID
- The second part of your API Settings key. Only relevant if you want to test the API with our interactive page.
- An API trigger defines the conditions of an API call to be invoked.
- Hashed authentication token
- The SHA-512-encoded hashed value of the API Settings key. You use this token for authentication when making an API call.
- Data residency
- Accounts in different data regions have different API endpoints. For US data region, the endpoint is api.boldchat.com, for the EMEA region, the endpoint is api-eu.boldchat.com
To test the API, see our interactive page.
For those who are new to API programming, there are numerous tutorials for HTML, XML, C#, and PHP programming available on the Internet that help you understand and reproduce the examples given on this website. Visit the following sites to find out more about the API programming code: